Thursday, November 8, 2007

Reflections

Sitting at the edge of the lake
my reflection staring back at me
trying to see through me
to see what i hide;
The mask that i wear
is all too revealing
making things apparent
little concealing
i will run away no more
i can't anymore
my shadow stalks me
my past haunts me
the burden of my history
and the uncertainty of the future
makes it all too hazy
a hope lives on though
makes us last the day
hope is what we have
hope is all we have
to make us last this day

3 comments:

Abhinav said...

oh i see my inner self there,
it's all dark ,
a tiny flicker is all thats visible ,
may be it will light up my soul.

Mohan K.V said...

It's amazing how nearly all poetry is like a Rorschach test , you see a bit of yourself in them.

Lovely! Keep writing!

Shrey said...

does all this philosophy pouring out have any relation to the placement season fast approaching..

P.S. great writing though.. dint like the last one, this one is crisper.